RV Insurance in Kansas City

What Type Of RV Insurance Do I Need In Kansas?

In Kansas, like in many other states, RV insurance requirements can depend on the type of RV you own and how you use it. If your RV is a motorhome, similar to a regular vehicle, you will likely need to have at least the minimum liability insurance coverage required by the state. This typically includes:

  1. Liability Coverage: This covers bodily injury and property damage you might cause to others in an accident where you are at fault.

For towable RVs, like fifth-wheels and travel trailers, the insurance requirements might be different. Kansas doesn't require liability coverage for trailers that are not motor vehicles. However, even though it might not be required by law, having insurance coverage for your towable RV is still a good idea to protect your investment.

Aside from the mandatory liability coverage, here are some optional coverage types you might consider for your RV:

  1. Comprehensive Coverage: This covers damage to your RV from non-collision events such as theft, vandalism, fire, or natural disasters.

  2. Collision Coverage: This covers damage to your RV resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object.

  3. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This helps protect you if you're in an accident with a driver who doesn't have sufficient insurance coverage.

  4. Personal Injury Protection (PIP): This coverage can help pay for medical expenses for you and your passengers in case of an accident.

  5. Roadside Assistance: This coverage can help with towing, tire changes, and other roadside emergencies.

  6. Vacation Liability Coverage: This provides coverage for injuries and property damage that might occur at your campsite.

Remember that your specific insurance needs can vary based on factors like the type of RV, how often you use it, where you store it, and more. It's a good idea to reach out to insurance providers in your area to get quotes and discuss your specific needs to determine the best RV insurance coverage for you in Kansas.

It's always best to consult with an insurance agent or company directly to get the most accurate and up-to-date information tailored to your specific situation. Tom Rich and his team are here to help you with any RV insurance questions you have at 913-281-0808.


Making Insurance Easy

Our goal is always to see you protected in any event. Our team of experienced professionals at Tom Rich Insurance relies on a deep working knowledge of all kinds of insurance products. We’re able to explain even the most complex situations in plain language you can understand.

Founded in 1992, Tom Rich Insurance has been owner-operated for over 30 years of experience. While we’ve successfully addressed all types of insurance situations, from auto insurance to homeowners and everything in between, our work is always guided by a core set of principles. The true value of insurance is the peace of mind it brings. With Tom Rich Insurance, you can rest assured we tailor packages to address nearly any situation you might face.

Contact us today at 913-281-0808 with any questions and/or to receive a free quote.